Maldives’ Covid-19 Situation Updates
To get the latest updates on COVID-19 for Maldives please visit Health Ministry Covid-19 Dashboard
Planing Your Trip
- The Government of Maldives will resume the issuing of on arrival tourist visas from July 15 2020.
- There is NO mandatory quarantine on arrival to the Maldives. For non-tourist visitors travelling to an inhabited island, you are required to undergo self-quarantine of 14 days upon arrival at the island.
- To ensure the safety of all, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) has made it a mandatory requirement for all tourists to present a Negative result for a nucleic acid test (PCR test) for Covid-19 on arrival effective 10th September 2020. The sample for the said test must be taken not more than 96 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure from the first port of embarkation en route to the Maldives. However, please be informed that infants aged less than one-year-old are exempted from the aforementioned testing requirement. Please refer to our circular number 88-PS/CIR/2020/73 and the Air Transport Circular AT-2020/Issue 03.
- Please note that upon arrival into the Maldives, those who exhibit Covid-19 symptoms will have to undergo a PCR test. If you are travelling in a group, all members of the group must undergo testing.
- The guideline published by the Ministry of Tourism in coordination with the Health Protection Agency “Public health interventions to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID 19 in the tourism sector” thoroughly details what tourists & tourist establishments should expect and be prepared for under the new normal conditions.
- Official updates from Visit Maldives
- Official updates from Ministry of Health
- Official updates from MoFA
- FREE 30-day visa ON-ARRIVAL VISA for ALL TOURISTS.
- Passport must have at least 1-month validity from the date of your expected departure in the Maldives.
- A confirmed pre-booking at a registered tourist facility is a pre-requisite for the visa. Up until guesthouse tourist facilities are to be reopened at a later date, a booking is considered valid ONLY for a tourist resort facility, liveaboards, and/or pre-approved transit facilities..
- Tourist visa extensions will be made available for long-stay tourists without imposition of any further fees.